1. Who are you and where do you live?My name is Ruth Powers and I live in rural Kansas, south of Topeka with my husband and two dogs.
2. Tell us a little bit about your artistic journey and how you got started?
|First Quilt, 1989, Ruth Powers|
3. How do you describe your work?
4. Do you have any favorite techniques or approaches?
|Eagles Soar, 2013, Ruth Powers|
5. What do you want to communicate with your work?
6. What methods, or lifestyle tips, or time management tips do you find helpful to producing work?
7. What kind of studio/workspace do you have and what features of your surroundings are most helpful for your productivity/work?
|Ruth Powers, Studio|
8. Which artists, other individuals or subjects currently inspire you?I enjoy the work of Ruth McDowell whose things are similar but quite different from my own, but for inspiration, I usually go to nature.
Many thanks to Ruth for sharing her work with us in this space!